I had the pleasure of appearing on The Engineering Career Coach’s podcast to share my path to becoming a Sales Engineer.
Check out the full podcast interview here: How to Become a Sales Engineer
Here are the key points discussed on becoming a Sales Engineer:
- It’s important being able to take an idea and sell it.
- There’s really no cap on how much money you can make when you are a sales engineer.
- A sales engineer’s job mainly consists out of working in the field, going to customer’s sites, presenting concepts, giving other presentations, and showing customers how to use your company’s products.
- Your responsibility as an engineer or professional is to recognize opportunities and then move on them.
- Consider investing your money, for example, Ian has invested in BitCoin.
- Building your brand is very important in terms of earning more money because your brand goes a long way.
- Being very proactive and involved on platforms like e.g. LinkedIn and pushing your brand out there, can get you more attention.
- Changing jobs internally can increase your salary very quickly.
Look at how you are spending your money and potentially make some changes to save money.